Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A note on the movies.


I need to feel comfortable with writing quality things on a regular basis for an audience. I watch a lot of movies. You guys are my audience--even though Stef seems to be the only one aware I’m here (no, I didn’t advertise; yes, it’s my own fault - most things are)

In my reviews I am aiming for several things.

Word limit: 500

Develop a voice.

Convey the meaning (if any) of the film

Explain how that is apparent

Dispel other reviews if they have clearly missed the point

Pass personal judgment

Write as often as possible

In the future (fog, hole) it would be the bees knees to communicate with other reviewers and have actual debates.

Also, I will review things like books/plays/advertising schemes and what have you… The restraint I’m putting on this is Media (yes, with a capital m).

1 comment:

  1. ?!?!?!

    Why didn't I know about this?? Is it a secret? Well, too late now; I'm going to read it all! See how you like that!

    ReplyDelete